House bill supports deployment of energy storage technologies
Publication date: 5 March 2012
Author: National Hydropower Association
The following is a statement from Linda Church Ciocci, Executive Director of the National Hydropower Association, on the introduction of H.R. 4096, the Storage Technology for Renewable and Green Energy (STORAGE) Act of 2012:
“The National Hydropower Association is very pleased with the introduction of the Storage Technology for Renewable and Green Energy (STORAGE) Act of 2012 in the House of Representatives. Expanding investment tax credits and clean renewable energy bonds eligibility for pumped storage technology will help unlock the country’s clean energy potential.
“Further development of pumped storage is essential to the overall reliability of the nation’s power grid, as well as to integration of clean and renewable energy resources at a larger scale.
“NHA strongly supports this bill and commends the work by Representatives Gibson and Thompson. We look forward to working with them and other lawmakers to advance this important legislation through the House as soon as possible.”
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- First V164-8.0 MW nacelle completed (4 December 2013)
- REA welcomes Renewable Heat Incentive upgrade (4 December 2013)
- DONG Energy partners with Schneider Electric for a more sustainable energy supply of remote islands worldwide (2 December 2013)
- ETI appoints new Offshore Renewables Strategy Manager (2 December 2013)
- Canadian Solar to receive C$35 million loan from National Bank of Canada (2 December 2013)