AREVA Solar receives the “Excellence Award 2012” from the Energy and Environment Foundation
Publication date: 25 April 2012
AREVA Solar has been awarded the “Excellence Award 2012” by the Energy and Environment Foundation (E2 Foundation) during a ceremony at the World Renewable Energy Technology Congress & Expo-2012 held in New Delhi, India. The award, whose selection was conducted by a committee of high-ranking stakeholders in the India energy sector, including two former secretaries to the country’s government, recognizes AREVA Solar for its “excellence, innovation, technology and investment in the Renewable Energy sector.”
“We are honored to be recognized for our innovative Compact Linear Fresnel Reflector (CLFR) solar thermal technology, our overall commitment to low-carbon energy sources and our investment in helping provide clean, reliable solar-powered electricity,” said AREVA Solar CEO Bill Gallo. “We would like to thank the Energy and Environment Foundation and the selection committee for choosing AREVA Solar and our technology for this important award.”
AREVA was recently awarded a contract by Reliance Power to build a 250 megawatt (MW) concentrated solar power (CSP) installation in India, which will become the largest in all of Asia. The project, which will deploy AREVA’s CLFR solar thermal technology, will help advance India’s goal of adding 20,000 MW of solar energy by 2022 and avoid approximately 557,000 tons of CO2 emissions per year compared to a similar sized coal-fired power plant. When completed, the project’s annual energy production will generate enough power for more than 365,000 people in India.
In total, AREVA Solar currently has more than 500 MW of CSP projects in operation, under construction or in advanced development around the world, making AREVA one the fastest-growing CSP technology providers.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Ian Marchant, SSE Chief Executive, appointed as new EI President (13 June 2013)
- Offshore wind industry-don’t let this “Once in a Generation” manufacturing opportunity slip away (12 June 2013)
- Offshore wind floats into the future with major announcements on floating turbine technology (12 June 2013)
- Carbon Trust warns time is running out to test important cost-saving technology for offshore wind (12 June 2013)
- Government sets up new body to promote offshore wind investment (12 June 2013)