CWind wins major contract with DONG Energy
Publication date: 22 May 2012
Author: PR Savvy
CWind, (www.cwind247.com) has won a major contract with DONG Energy, one of the key energy groups in Northern Europe, to provide vessel charters around the UK.
The framework contract has been awarded for three years, with a possible extension for another two years. CWind was well placed to win the contract with a solid charter track record, a growing fleet of CTruk Boats? workboats, competitive pricing, proven service and systems, as well as with the committed and experienced skippers that work with CWind as part of its innovative boat-share & co-ownership scheme.
CWind has a fleet of fast and innovative CTruk Boats workboats. Their robust lightweight composite construction, will save DONG Energy significant amounts on fuel compared to similar aluminium vessels. CWind’s workboats feature a large and versatile load-carrying capability, suitable for a wide range of offshore tasks, including crew transfer.
CWind MD Peter Jorgenson said: “Our relationship with DONG Energy is enhanced by this deal, which reflects the importance in the renewables sector for the versatile and reduced fuel consumption innovations CWind can provide”. He continued, “The contract win is a tribute to our team and its ongoing growth strategy in what are very exciting times in the renewables industry”.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- First V164-8.0 MW nacelle completed (4 December 2013)
- REA welcomes Renewable Heat Incentive upgrade (4 December 2013)
- DONG Energy partners with Schneider Electric for a more sustainable energy supply of remote islands worldwide (2 December 2013)
- ETI appoints new Offshore Renewables Strategy Manager (2 December 2013)
- Canadian Solar to receive C$35 million loan from National Bank of Canada (2 December 2013)